Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Using AOP

I have been dodging AOP for a while now for the main reason that is "Looks to hard", especially when you have to explain it to PM's and other dev's who are still trying to get to grips with basic IoC and ORM concepts, after all projects are not solo efforts.
However I have now found a nice looking framework that may help.
PostSharp is an Attribute driven lightweight AOP framework that modifies the IL as a Post build event in the .Net framework.
This article here has got me very excited about implementing standardised Logging, Security, Exception Handling and maybe even Design by Contract.

Once i get my home development PC back from the dead I will post more about how easy it is (or isnt) and how it affect the project at runtime.
Should be interesting.

No comments: