For awhile now I have been umming and arrghing and generally weighing whether to learn a dynamic styled language and which one to learn… Well I have been fluffing around for too long.
I am going to learn Python (OMG not ruby!).
- It is supported on the CLR/DLR
- It is similar in syntax to Boo
- I want to learn Boo and be able to follow Ayendes post of DSLs
- Ayende uses Boo and he is smarter than me. I try to follow people that are leaders in their fields.
- I want a language to manipulate text that is better than c# or xslt… K
I am hoping that learning one will make it easier to learn others. I can jump between Java, VB and C# but the are all C based and basic just different dialect/syntax, hardly wildly different languages (well Fowler kinda agrees with me)
So time to get off my bum and do it. Any book recommendations?